General Meeting Minutes for 1954
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the Arts School, Cambridge on April 7th, 1954 at 8.30 pm.
Professor J L Burchnall was in the chair.
- The minutes of the General Meeting held at Durham in 1953 were read and approved.
- The accounts for the Colloquium held at Durham were approved.
- The chairman informed the meeting that an invitation had been received to hold the next meeting at Exeter. It was decided that the Colloquium should hold its next meeting in Exeter either in April or in September 1955.
- It was regretted that Professor W V D Hodge, the chairman of the organising committee, was unable to be present. It was decided to suspend the rule calling for the resignations of absent committee members in favour of Professor Dodge and Dr Rutherford, who were both unavoidably prevented from attending.
- The following members retired from the Committee:-
J L BURCHNALL
J G SEMPLE
B H NEUMANN
L M MILNE-THOMSON
- The following members were elected to the Committee:-
T A BROWN
J L B COOPER
J A TODD
- A vote of thanks was passed to Dr Hilton and Mr Haselgrove for their help in organising the Colloquium.
- A vote of thanks was passed to Professor Schwartz for his excellent lecture.
Minutes signed by T Arnold Brown 7/9/55.