General Meeting Minutes for 1955
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the Washington Singer Laboratories, Exeter on Wednesday, 7th September 1955 at 8.30 pm.
Professor T A Brown was in the chair.
- The minutes of the General Meeting held in Cambridge in 1954 were read and approved.
- The accounts for the Colloquium held in Cambridge were approved.
- The meeting was informed that an invitation had been received to hold the next Colloquium at St. Andrews.
- The following members retired from the Committee
W V D Hodge
J L B Cooper
T A A Broadbent.
- The following members were elected to the Committee:-
D G NORTHCOTT
E T COPSON
- A vote of thanks was passed to the visiting lecturers, Professor Reidemeister and Professor Cartan.
Minutes signed by E T Copson 5 viii 56.