General Meeting Minutes for 1964
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the Engineering Building, University of Leicester at 2.15 p.m. on Thursday, 2nd April 1964.
Professor R L Goodaire was in the chair.
- The minutes of the General Meeting held at the Royal Military College of Science, Shrivenham, in 1963 were read and approved.
- The Chairman welcomed the guest speakers.
- The accounts of the Colloquium held at the Royal Military College of Science in 1963 were approved.
- Professor W N Everitt on behalf of the Master and Council of Queen's College, University of St Andrews, invited the Colloquium to hold its next meeting at Dundee in April 1965. The invitation was received with acclamation.
- The following retired from the Committee: Dr I T Adamson, Professor E T Davies, Professor W K Hayman, Dr R Henstock, Dr J B McLeod.
The following were elected to the Committee: Professor P B Kennedy, Professor A M Macbeath, Dr M E Noble, Dr A P Robertson, Dr S Wylie.
- It was announced that the Committee would meet at 9 p.m. in Digby House.
- Dr Lighthill spoke briefly about the objects of the newly-formed Institute of Mathematics and its Appplications.
Minutes signed by W N Everitt 8th April 1965.