General Meeting Minutes for 1969
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the Haworth Lecture Theatre, University of Birmingham, at 2 p.m. on Thursday 27th March 1969.
Professor A M Macbeath was in the chair.
- The minutes of the 1968 meeting were read and approved after amendment.
- The accounts of the 20th Colloquium were approved.
- Professor J H Williamson invited the Colloquium to hold its next meeting at York from 7th April to 11th April 1970. The invitation was accepted with acclamation.
- The following retired from the committee:
Prof J G Clunie, Prof A W Goldie, Dr V W D Hale, Prof W D Munn. Prof E M Patterson, Mr J E Reeve, Dr J A Todd, Prof J D Weston.
The following were elected to the committee:
Prof J F Adams, Prof A Fröhlich, Dr J Hunter, Dr B E Johnston, Prof M E Noble, Dr R L E Schwarzenberger, Dr R Smith, Prof C T C Wall.
- It was announced that the committee would meet at 8.30 p.m. in the Senior Common Room of High Hall.
- The secretary gave a report on a survey of opinion on the 'specialist' lecture experiment which had been conducted at dinner the previous evening. Of the 295 replies received, 149 were in favour of two or more lecture periods being devoted to 'specialist' lectures, 80 were in favour of one period only being devoted to 'specialist' lectures, 45 were against 'specialist' lectures and 27 were undecided.
- Sir Edward Collingwood proposed a vote of thanks to the chairman and secretary and others who had helped in the arranging of the Colloquium.
Minutes signed by J H Williamson on 9 April 1970.