General Meeting Minutes for 1979
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the Chemistry Auditorium at University College London on Thursday 5th April 1979 at 2.00 p.m.
Professor C A Rogers was in the chair.
- The Chairman welcomed the guest speakers; Professor W Browder, Professor K Roth and Professor H Bauer.
- The minutes of the General Meeting at the University of Lancaster were read and approved.
- There were no matters arising, and the accounts for the 30th Colloquium were read and approved.
- On behalf of the University of Aberdeen, Professor J Hubbuck invited the 1983 Colloquium to Aberdeen. The invitation was accepted with acclamation.
- The following retired from the Committee: Dr G J O Jameson, Dr A Oswald, Mr P A Rado, and Professor D A R Wallace. The following were elected to serve on the Committee: Dr A C McBride (nominated by the Edinburgh Mathematical Society), Dr V W Bryant, Professor I M James, and Dr G R Allan.
- It was announced that the Committee would meet at 8.00 p.m. in the Haldane Room, UCL.
- Any other business. On the recommendation of the Chairman it was agreed to appoint Colloquium Auditors, on the grounds that the Colloquium had accumulated considerable financial reserves, some of which might be invested more profitably than in a bank deposit account. As Auditors the Colloquium elected Professor J L B Cooper, and Dr R C Vaughan.
- Dr G J O Jameson proposed a vote of thanks to the Chairman, Joint Secretaries and others for their work in organising the 1979 Colloquium.
Minutes signed D G Northcott (undated).