General Meeting Minutes for 2007
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the Faraday Lecture Theatre L, University of Wales Swansea at 17.45 on Tuesday 17th April, 2007.
- There were no apologies for absence.
- The minutes of the Annual General Meeting in Newcastle held on 11th April 2006 were approved subject to changing the estimate of B & B costs in Galway from £48 to £28.
- There were no matters arising.
- A summary of the accounts for the BMC in Newcastle 2006 was noted. A vote to thank the BMC Organising Committee in Newcastle was proposed by Dr Francis Clarke and approved.
- The Chair of the BMC Scientific Committee, Professor Edmund Robertson, announced that information on previous BMCs which had been collated by Professor Garth Dales would soon be available on the St Andrews History of Mathematics website. The archive itself would be deposited at De Morgan House.
Professor Edmund Robertson noted that his term of office would end following next year's BMC in York. A small search committee would [be] established to find a successor. He invited members to contact Professor Dales at Leeds with suggestions.
- Dr Colin Campbell proposed Mr Tony Mann to serve on the BMC Scientific Committee for one year. The proposal was carried by acclamation. Mr Mann will serve on the Committee from the end of the AGM until the end of the AGM at York in 2008.
- Dr Christopher Wood reported on progress of the BMC in York, 25th - 28th March 2008. He said that the plenary speakers and morning speakers were almost all finalised.
- On behalf of the Maxwell Institute, Edinburgh University and Heriot-Watt University, Professor Anthony Carbery invited the BMC (and the BAMC) to the City of Edinburgh in 2010. The invitation was accepted by acclamation.
- There was no other business.
Minutes unsigned and undated.