- Minutes of the previous meeting
These are available at
There were no matters arising.
- There was a verbal report from John Hunton on BMC 2011 (Leicester).
- Cambridge University has agreed to host a joint BMC/BAMC in 2015. This invitation was accepted by acclamation.
- Election of one member of the Scientific Steering Committee for the coming year. No volunteers were forthcoming at the meeting. Those present authorised the Scientific Committee to make an appropriate appointment. Subsequent to the meeting Dr Gavin Brown of Loughborough University agreed to serve and was approved by the Scientific Committee.
- David Jordan reported on preparations for BMC 2013 (Sheffield). The meeting will be held March 25-28. Accommodation will be off campus. BMC 2013 will continue to use the pattern of workshops used by BMC 2011 and BMC 2012. However, there will be a History of Mathematics splinter group to provide a more accessible option to the afternoon workshops.
The public speaker will be Professor John Baez (UC Riverside and the Azimuth Project).
- Any other business.
A request was made for a list of participants. This was made available the following day. Perhaps future BMCs should seek permission at registration to include names and emails in a delegates list.