References for Alonzo Church
Version for printing
- Biography in Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- C A Anderson and M Zelëny, Logic, meaning and computation : Essays in memory of Alonzo Church, Logic, meaning and computation (Dordrecht, 2001).
- C A Anderson, Alonzo Church's contributions to philosophy and intensional logic, Bull. Symbolic Logic 4 (2) (1998), 129-171.
- H B Enderton, In memoriam: Alonzo Church (1903-1995), Bull. Symbolic Logic 1 (4) (1995), 486-488.
- H B Enderton, Alonzo Church and the reviews, Bull. Symbolic Logic 4 (2) (1998), 172-180.
- J Folina, Church's Thesis : prelude to a proof, Philos. Math. (3) 6 (3) (1998), 302-323.
- In honor of Alonzo Church's 75th birthday with some remarks from the History of logic of A Dumitriu, Internat. Logic Rev. 17-18 (1978), 150-154.
- A Irving, Alonzo Church (1903-1995), Modern Logic 5 (1995), 408-410.
- D Kaplan and T Burge, Remembering Alonzo Church, Logic, meaning and computation (Dordrecht, 2001), xi--xiii.
- M Manzano, Alonzo Church : his life, his work and some of his miracles, Hist. Philos. Logic 18 (4) (1997), 211-232.
- W Sieg, Step by recursive step : Church's analysis of effective calculability, Bull. Symbolic Logic 3 (2) (1997), 154-180.
- UCLA philosopher, mathematician Alonzo Church dead at 92, Modern Logic 5 (4) (1995), 410-412.
- ULCA Philosopher, Mathematician Alonzo Church dead at 92, History of Logic Newsletter 19 (Sept 1995), 1-2.
JOC/EFR November 2004
The URL of this page is: