References for Madhava
Version for printing
- G G Joseph, The crest of the peacock (London, 1991).
- K V Sarma, A History of the Kerala School of Hindu Astronomy (Hoshiarpur, 1972).
- A K Bag, Madhava's sine and cosine series, Indian J. History Sci. 11 (1) (1976), 54-57.
- D Gold and D Pingree, A hitherto unknown Sanskrit work concerning Madhava's derivation of the power series for sine and cosine, Historia Sci. No. 42 (1991), 49-65.
- R C Gupta, Madhava's and other medieval Indian values of pi, Math. Education 9 (3) (1975), B45-B48.
- R C Gupta, Madhava's power series computation of the sine, Ganita 27 (1-2) (1976), 19-24.
- R C Gupta, Madhava's rule for finding angle between the ecliptic and the horizon and Aryabhata's knowledge of it, in History of oriental astronomy, New Delhi, 1985 (Cambridge, 1987), 197-202.
- R C Gupta, On the remainder term in the Madhava-Leibniz's series, Ganita Bharati 14 (1-4) (1992), 68-71.
- R C Gupta, The Madhava-Gregory series, Math. Education 7 (1973), B67-B70.
- T Hayashi, T Kusuba and M Yano, The correction of the Madhava series for the circumference of a circle, Centaurus 33 (2-3) (1990), 149-174.
- C T Rajagopal and M S Rangachari, On an untapped source of medieval Keralese mathematics, Arch. History Exact Sci. 18 (1978), 89-102.
- C T Rajagopal and M S Rangachari, On medieval Keralese mathematics, Arch. History Exact Sci. 35 (1986), 91-99.
JOC/EFR November 2000
The URL of this page is: