The Mathematical Society of Vienna was founded in 1903 by Boltzmann, Escherich and Müller. The Society had to close down during World War II, but in May 1946 it resumed operations. Rudolf Inzinger formally re-registered the Society on 10 August 1946.
The Society now wished to see itself as a national Society and as such they decided that a change of name would go a long way to indicate their intentions. The Society began publishing its newsletter in June 1947. In the autumn of 1948 the Mathematical Society of Vienna formally changed its name to the Austrian Mathematical Society.
|Other Web sites||Society Web-site|
|Alphabetical list of Societies||Chronological list of Societies|
|Welcome page||Biographies Index
|History Topics Index||Famous curves index
|Mathematicians of the day||Anniversaries for the year
|Search Form||Birthplace Maps|
|JOC/EFR August 2004||
School of Mathematics and Statistics|
University of St Andrews, Scotland
The URL of this page is:|